05/03/2012

A small selection of photos from a recent trip to Holland.



Pretty much the same as the previous picture but it was the first point in the day where the weather looked like it could possibly be acceptable, after a bitterly cold early morning journey to the airport....My optimistic thoughts soon disappeared on landing, as the weather was utterly horrendous in Amsterdam for the duration of our time there.



This was the first poster that met my dozy gaze after exiting the train station. I don't speak Dutch but in my frazzled mind it seemed like it was asking me if I'd arrived okay and I actually found that quite pleasant as I stood freezing my knackers off, waiting for our group to work out which direction we were meant to be heading in.....In case you actually give a toss what the real translation into English is, it's; "Hey, are you here?"....So technically I wasn't actually that far off, although to be fair still utterly wrong.



This was a 'Top 100' Happy Hardcore/Gabba CD that we found in our apartment and yes unfortunately that meant that there was a total of 100 tracks on there.....We lasted about four tracks. The front cover depicted a skin headed wrong 'un walking hand in hand with what we gathered was his girlfriend, holding a large axe which we could only guess had something to do with the title of the album 'Hakkuh'....Perhaps that means 'Hack you' in English?....Anyway the CD was total cack and best avoided.


I have absolutely no idea what 'Foam Talent' constitutes, maybe some appallingly guff R&B club that has Ibiza style 'foam parties'. Or maybe just a selection of ropey old hags standing in a long line by the roadside, lathering themselves up for your viewing displeasure!....Just take the next right at the crossing, should you actually wish to find out?


                             Generic bollocks picture, minus the flash.


Generic bollocks picture with a flash.....Ooh look at the shiny bike wheels!....Plus a couple of grinning old bints to the left of shot, who I don't know.


As I didn't take any pictures of traditional Dutch tulips during my visit, here's a shite photo of a pair of lilies to finish things off, housed in an old kettle brought home by my house mate from work, that we briefly had in our living room....Until the kettle split, sending the flower water all over the place....It's since been hurled into a skip.

No comments:

Post a Comment