06/03/2012

Things that annoy me: Crap Foods

Gristle - It isn't often that I have to endure it to be fair, but I ate a steak sandwich recently at some chain pub and the rump steak used was probably 45% gristle.  After about five minutes of tearing barely edible meat from a stale piece of bread, I honestly felt like throwing what was left at the waitress and asking for my money back. 

 I ploughed on through in the end, as I couldn't really afford to buy anything else and just wanted to get out of there sharpish. All I got in return for my troubles was an extremely sore jaw and an unfulfilled appetite.

 I came to the conclusion that gristle is best fed to dogs or used as a savoury alternative to chewing gum.

Quiche - There's not that much that I don't like eating but
after trying quiche again recently I decided that it's total bollocks.

It doesn't matter what variation that it comes in, Lorraine, Veggie varieties etc it always leaves me feeling like a pillock for eating it again.

At the end of the day it's just like a cold omelette surrounded in poor quality pastry, that tastes shite eaten both warm and cold. I'd much prefer to just eat an omelette or eggs in the various other ways that they can be ingested.

In summary; Quiche = Gash

Marzipan - It just tastes foul to me and can piss off.

Burnt toast - The smell makes my stomach turn at the best of times and the taste can just fuck off as well.

Best hurled straight out of the nearest window for the local birds to peck on.

Bay leaves and cardamom seeds - I had this ready meal curry not so long ago. You know the ones, they come in a plastic packet split into two halves, one with rice and the other with the sauce/meat/peppers etc

I usually try to avoid them as they're total shite.

Without fail they'll always contain bay leaves and cardamom seeds, which does my nut in. You bite into one of the seeds and it's all you can taste for the rest of the meal and it ain't half putrid. Couple that with the stringy and indigestible bay leaves and you're on to a complete cock-sucker of a curry. 

Food for the mentally sub-normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment